5.06.2010

I'm terribly ambitious

I need this to get myself started, or else I won't do it. I want to write about music. I love music, and I love writing, and it seems an obvious choice. I'm a piano performance major at Baylor University. I recently changed my major from piano pedagogy. One reason being that I do not have the gratuitous amount of patience required to teach small children. The other reason being that I want to write about classical music. Unless I can communicate my personal musical ideas effectively, I won't be able to understand the musical ideas of others. Or that's what I'm telling my parents. I want to immerse myself in this very mystical world of performing and attempts public communication of emotion.

In effect, this is a space for me to write about what I hear, and have others read it. Or not, as the case may be.

1 comment:

  1. Your aunt sent me the website, and needless to say I am impressed with your blog. But then what grandmother wouldn't be? And I am delighted to hear of your plans to write about classical music. I know you have always had talent and love for music from the time as a 4 year old you entertained us by singing on the long drive home.

    ReplyDelete